Question about the education discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ambellina, May 1, 2007.

1. ambellina macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a question about the education discount.

I'm getting a macbook as my graduation present and I am currently in school in Canada. I am planning on buying a macbook in the States, as sales tax is significantly cheaper and the exchange rate between Canadian/US dollar is pretty good right now. My question is - if I buy in the US, will I still be able to get the education discount (even though I am attending a Canadian University)?

Thanks for the help.

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Your best bet is to call Apple and see what they say.

3. jng macrumors 65816

jng

I know of friends who are at McGill and they bought their computers here and it didn't seem to be a problem. But they're US residents.

Doublecheck with Apple to be sure. If you're buying from US online to be shipped to Canada that will definitely be a problem - not to mention the fact that you'll have to pay import taxes probably and wait for customs too.

If you're coming to the states to buy a computer, there's a chance it could work but definitely call Apple and ask.

4. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

I would think if you are coming to the US to purchase it that would be fine. If you are going to have it shipped into Canda from the US, then that will cost extra import taxes or what not. Good luck!