Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bowlman23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
an I get the adobe creative suite at the apple store on my EDU discount when I purchase my MBP? Or do I have order everything online?

I want to buy my MBP at an Apple store, but would also like to take advantage of that huge discount when I buy a mac.

Jestered

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Austin, Texas
an I get the adobe creative suite at the apple store on my EDU discount when I purchase my MBP? Or do I have order everything online?

I want to buy my MBP at an Apple store, but would also like to take advantage of that huge discount when I buy a mac.

You can use your EDU discount at the Apple Store.

Jestered

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Austin, Texas
I knew I could use the EDU discount for the computer, but they seem to have a qualification process for the adobe creative suite.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-780-5009/WebObjects/EducationIndividual.woa/6124004/wa/PSLID?mco=5F5E6BC9&nplm=TM799LL/A&wosid=cp6TfLdMB7HS3KN6XdVbJ8crnUH
Why don't you just call the Apple Store and find out? You will get a correct answer and much quicker than asking on a forum site In the time you spent typing the original post you could have called and got the answer already. That is a good question though.

bowlman23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Why don't you just call the Apple Store and find out? You will get a correct answer and much quicker than asking on a forum site In the time you spent typing the original post you could have called and got the answer already. That is a good question though.

You make a good point. The only reason I posted is because I just thought about it. The store is closed right now unfortunately.

J'aime

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2007
you can probably get it at the apple store (like the others said, you might want to call first). I would definitely take your proof of enrollment with you (student I.D., latest account statement from you school, etc.)

J'aime

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2007
Just call the store. They will tell you for sure. Ask if you can buy it with an EDU discount in the store and what proof of enrollment documents you need to bring.

L3X

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2006
Chesapeake, VA
It doesn't look like you can buy the Edu Adobe products on the Apple website.

However, that doesn't mean you can't buy them in the store.

This is what it says on Apple's website.
Ordering process
To buy Education versions of Adobe products, you must be a full- or part-time student, faculty member, staff, or employee of a government-certified educational institution in the U.S. If you meet this requirement, here's how to complete your purchase:

1. Call 1-866-277-5694 to place your order and start the qualification process.
2. Complete the Proof of Academic Identification form.
3. Photocopy or scan your valid academic identification.
4. Fax or email the completed form along with the copy of your ID to either 800-864-2451 or AcademicSW@apple.com.
5. Once you've received a qualification confirmation email from Apple, your order will be processed.

subl1me

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2005
You can definitely use you EDU discount at an Apple Store.

Just make sure to bring your student ID.

bowlman23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
You can definitely use you EDU discount at an Apple Store.

Just make sure to bring your student ID.

Like I said, I'm aware of that. I just wasn't sure if I could get that great discount for the Adobe Creative Suite when purchasing a mac. I can get the basic edition for $229 when buying a new mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.