Question about the Education Discount...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by girgentiam, May 25, 2010.

1. girgentiam macrumors newbie

I've been doing some research into buying a MacBook Pro. The education discount on the website is nice, but I'm wondering if there is a higher discount added if you order your computer in store. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm considering buying the computer some time this upcoming week.

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

The prices on Apple's website are the same as the prices in their stores.

However, the prices are on their website aren't always the same as prices offered by other places. I've seen some university-owned computer stores that are Apple Authorized selling Macs for a li ttle cheaper (~$50), but your milage may vary.

3. smc333 macrumors regular

If cost is an issue, you may want to put the money up front for the iPod touch now, get the rebate to make it free, then sell it to defer the cost of the computer. Its essentially an additional $180 off any eligible Mac.

4. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

It's very unlikely that you will get $180 plus shipping for an iPod touch without a UPC code on the box. Ebay is flooded with those things every summer during and after the back to school sales. They drop to about $130. Still a discount though, not arguing that point.

5. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

You do not have to send in the UPC for the iPod Touch (iPod), at least if you buy in store. The Apple associate filled out the rebate electronically during the purchase.

6. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

Is the rebate instant in-store then, or do you still have to wait for the cheque in the mail?

7. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

check comes in the mail