Question about the endless possibilities of the Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GonzagaDynasty, Oct 12, 2010.

1. GonzagaDynasty macrumors regular

Sorry if I am asking a question that has answers to.. If that's the case, direct me in that direction and I will be forever grateful...

I've been looking at all of the threads that show what some of you have done to your iPhones.. I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 running on 4.1. Through Cydia, I have done some minor customizing, like changing the WIFI logo's and carrier logos, but some of you have done some pretty cool things, like got the weather to show on your screen, like User Krafty has shown in this thread. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=999268

I've looked through Cydia and I cannot grasp how to do such major customizing! I didn't know there was so much you can do. Do I need to download other programs that have more options? ANY help would be awesome! I want to LEARN!

2. bkingtu83 macrumors member

i believe what ur talkin abt is Lock Info (in Cydia). also, use winterboard if u dont have it. and use youtube, google, and this board to teach urself (thats what i did)

hope this helps :D

3. GonzagaDynasty thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome. Yeah, I have winterboard.. I have the Cydia app, obviously, and winterboard. That's all the APPs I have gotten from the Jailbreak. Is that all I should have?

And yes, I will spend some time researching online.. I am just dying to know how to do all this stuff you guys are doing! It's awesome. Thanks for the reply!