Question about the front camera flipping the image as it saves

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bathplug, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

Ok this might not be the correct terminology but when I take a photo of my face with the front facing camera on iphone 4 it flips/mirrors the photo when it saves which makes my face look weird so I use the photoshop app to flip it back to normal. Well actually I think when the front camera is on its actually then mirroring my face but from what I see on the screen to saving the picture is not the same. (I guess my face generally looks weird then lol)

Why does the phone do this and is there a setting I can choose for it to not flipping the picture when it saved?

Thanks

2. isaac65 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

It's flipping the image so that when you're looking at yourself the image moves with you like in a mirror. If you move left, the image
    moves left.

If it showed you exactly what it saw, when you move left, the image would move right. The image that is saved is correct and is exactly what it would look like if someone else took a picture of you.

3. Bathplug thread starter macrumors 6502a

I checked it out again and your right.

Thanks