question about the I-PHONE: battery and speed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by estockme, Oct 5, 2011.

1. estockme macrumors regular

I've been on android for a long time and my biggest complaints are the speed/lagginess and the battery life... basically I have to carry a cord around, charge twice a day on light use (no games, some news reading and texting and emailing) and sometimes i will miss calls waiting for the phone app to load- literally staring at a blank or frozen screen while it rings in my hand.

does this happen with an iphone? the 3gs for example? I'm inclined to say no because my roommate has a 3g and it pulls my newer android phone's pants down, but still wondering.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Other than the fact that it sounds like you are a serious troll, I've never experienced the problems you mention on modern Android phones or the iPhone.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Typical day for me is up at 3am. During the day I will txt/call a fair bit play a few levels of whatever game I fancy then from 3pm till 9pm I'll surf m.r. At the end of this I'll have 30-50% battery left.

The only time I need to dock during the day is whilst using navigon but I dock in the car and launch the app so no loss of battery life!

4. estockme thread starter macrumors regular

eh, maybe i had an unusually bad experience. sorry.

5. Hydro150 macrumors newbie

I know exactly what you're talking about with the android. My menu turns blank and won't load anything for at least 15 seconds. It's the first droid but it's obnoxious and hopefully this new iphone is my savior. I'm also interested in comparing glitches between os and android.

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

What phone? I'm using the SGSII and the thing flat out flies?

7. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I would not expect any such problems with a 3GS, and certainly not with a 4. The iPhone 3G got pretty laggy when upgraded to IOS4 but the 3G had a much slower processor and less RAM.

8. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

I am switching to the 4s myself for battery and stability. Since I don't have an iPhone I can't help you, however I can tell you what you now already know. Every android forum I was on was friendlier on average. Unfortunate.

9. estockme thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, that was my thought. thanks everyone. I basically want to buy a phone that will last me theoretically forever; though i'm sure some day I will think i need 4g or 6g or holograms or whatever I like the idea of buying a phone that is just going to keep on going, new battery or not. I know we are accumstomed to thinking of the occasional 2-300 dollar upgrade fee for our phone contracts, but I hear about people still using the first iphone and I think "damn."

And I realize that the gsII and other newer android phones (and some windows phones) can hold their own and have their own innovations. for me the simplicity and reliability is what wins it.