Question about the iPad battery life

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jbimler, Mar 5, 2012.

1. jbimler macrumors regular

I was wondering for those of you with the iPad and iPad 2 if you've noticed the battery life diminish much over time? I only ask because this is the main factor in me getting the extended warranty.

2. thegreati macrumors regular

Naturally the battery life of any Apple device can and will diminish over time. You can do small things to prevent this from happening drastically(let the battery nearly fully die before fully charging again).. But unfortunately its unavoidable.

Get the extended if battery life means that much to you.

GODSPEED

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I have owned both iPads and after hard day in and day out use the battery is still only needing charging every few days or so.

By the time your battery shows any signs of not being the same capacity, you will be getting the iPad 4. If you feel better getting the warranty, do so, but Apple is not going to fix this at your wish. It is only natural for there to be a slight decrease in performance but you would have to have a drastic decrease to have it covered under warranty.

4. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

Don't get an extended warranty. The battery is stellar, even after a year. Save that money to get a nice case and some accessories.

5. jbimler thread starter macrumors regular

I've gotten a factory refurb of an iPod mini with battery problems in the past. Right now my iPod Touch 4G is diminishing coming up on the one year mark.

I just ask because the iPad seems to have a long enough battery life where it wouldn't be a factor. I will also probably sell it for the iPad 4.

6. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

This.

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Don't get an extended warranty just for the battery. If it really gets that bad, you can replace it for a fee.