Question about the iPhone 4 Prices

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dornirit, Jun 14, 2010.

1. dornirit macrumors newbie

Ok so I know that with a contract the iPhone 4 is 200-300$ but I also read that you'll have an option to buy it without contract locked only for AT&T for 599$ and 699$ just wanted to make sure (read about it at Cnet.com)
    Thank you and have a great day!
    Adam

2. dornirit thread starter macrumors newbie

oh great! cuz I don't want to renew the contract with them yet... so it's like with the first iPhone 2G that u could buy it and activate it at home right?

3. MacbookWoo macrumors member

I started a new contract with ATT 12/7/09 I called tonight and I am eligible for the lowest upgrade 2yr 199/299 deal, not sure how that is but I already called and I am eligible for that

They said it was because I am a loyal customer? :confused:

4. St8kout macrumors regular

I was just preordering mine and there is indeed a listing on no-contract prices. I personally don't know why anyone would pass up the much lower $199 price when you will still pay the same monthly bill as those who went with the 2yr contract.

For all we know, it might be 2 years before any other carrier gets the iphone, or even 4g nationwide coverage.

No way was I going with the Evo/Sprint deal because Sprint only has bare basic phone service in the deep south, (Louisiana), much less 4g.