Question about the Kindle Service

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by ryanzec, May 20, 2010.

1. ryanzec macrumors member

I have been thinking about moving to digital books instead of physical books for all my "programming" related books from here on out and seems like the kindle service has the best cross-platform service. Now I do plan on buy an iPad eventually (probably going to wait until the next release) but have a question more about the kindle service. If I start buying books through Kindle on my Mac, when I eventually get an iPad, will I be able to transfers all my books over without having to pay again?

2. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

The short answer is 'yes', although there may be a limit to the total number of devices any single book can be on at once.

3. ryanzec thread starter macrumors member

Thats good.

Hopefully that won't be a problem. I probably would only need them on my main computer and iPad anyways

4. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

That's not a problem.

I have a kindle account with the following devices activated: 1 iphone, 1 macbook, 2 kindles, and 2 iPads.

I buy one book and can read on any of those devices just fine.

5. DunnMaui macrumors member

I love reading my Kindle books on the iPad. Amazon will archive all purchases so if you choose to read on the iPad you can delete it later and not take up space with duplicate books.

6. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

(I don't own a Kindle, but I have the apps on a lot of devices and I noticed Amazon was keeping track of those, so I thought there might be a device limit--don't know for sure.)