Question about the MBP buyer's guide

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by puma1552, Aug 17, 2009.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

Why doesn't it show the minor spec updates in March (the one where the optional 2.8 got bumped to 2.93 and other associated processor bumps for the other models)?

Is it also not factoring this/these small updates into it's "days since last upgraded" cycle? If it's omitting this then it's certainly misleading to consumers who otherwise think the products stagnate for a full eight months at a time with no upgrades whatsoever.

2. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

They depict major overhauls, not minor spec bumps, you will not notice any difference between a 2.8 and 2.93, they are the same hardware, ram, bus speed etc.

3. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

Right, but nonetheless a consumer new to Apple would want to purchase the 2.93 if for principle if nothing else (at least I would) if it meant only waiting a few more days or a week.

It should really incorporate any and all updates, IMO. Perhaps making distinctions between minor updates and major updates, but all updates should be accounted for so consumers know exactly where they stand in the product cycle.

4. Milanista macrumors newbie

I'm planning on getting a MBP 13' for when Uni starts but I don't want to get one then find out that Apple have released a spec bump a few days/weeks later. Does anyone know the expected spec bump for this year? 2 years ago it was in October, and last year in September....

5. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

It could be anytime, don't get sucked into the waiting game, get it when you need it otherwise you'll be waiting forever. And besides with a minor bump you won't beable to tell the difference anyways so you're wasting valuable time that could be spent using a new MBP! ;)