Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eva01

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Ok so this is not my field of expertise and i don't know how to exactly search for it in google.

But today during therapy we came upon a conundrum whenever i was stretching out half of my pectorals muscle, by stepping into a doorway with my arm 90° against the wall, the opposite arm would go pins and needles.

Then when i switched arms for stretching the other arm would go pins and needles.

My therapist thinks my nerves are crossing over, and is going to think on it because it is a bit weird.

anyone know what this is by any chance.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Sounds like something in the C1-C7 area or upper thoracic region, but you have already had an MRI.

Have you had a Cervical or Thoracic discogram done yet?

eva01

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
iGary said:
Sounds like something in the C1-C7 area, but you have already had an MRI.

Have you had a Cervical discogram done yet?

no i have not had the discogram done yet. I will need to ask about this to my neurologist about doing more back tests than we have been. Ugh i hope this doesn't end up with back surgery.

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
I'm not sure if this is the same thing as you, but when I had ACL surgery a few years ago, they had to sever a nerve that runs across the knee cap. My knee cap was numb for a while (still is in some areas), but then over time I think the nerves re-connected and now when I touch certain spots on the knee I actually feel it in a totally different area (weird, but kind of cool). Is that what your therapist means by crossing over, or is he thinking the nerves are touching each other?

eva01

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
floriflee said:
I'm not sure if this is the same thing as you, but when I had ACL surgery a few years ago, they had to sever a nerve that runs across the knee cap. My knee cap was numb for a while (still is in some areas), but then over time I think the nerves re-connected and now when I touch certain spots on the knee I actually feel it in a totally different area (weird, but kind of cool). Is that what your therapist means by crossing over, or is he thinking the nerves are touching each other?

hell my therapist isn't even sure what this means.

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
iGary said:
Sounds like something in the C1-C7 area or upper thoracic region, but you have already had an MRI.

Have you had a Cervical or Thoracic discogram done yet?

C1-C7?? thoracic region?? discogram??? iGary, is there anything you don't know about??

eva01

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
floriflee said:
C1-C7?? thoracic region?? discogram??? iGary, is there anything you don't know about??

the only reason i posted this thread is to see if i could get input from iGary

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
floriflee said:

They have the $6 million man, and they have the $60,000 iGary.

That's what my insurance company spent on my back last year. :eek:

12 marathons shredded my back. :(

Have you seen a neurosurgeon? I was seeing a neurologist and getting no where. A referral to a neuroSURGEON did the trick. ;)

I hope this is a road toward some relief. :)

eva01

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
I am going to talk to my neurologists about going to a neurosurgeon hopefully by the end of March.

Gary thank-you for all the help you have been with all the questions i have been asking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.