Question about the new pages coming out?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by supermac96, Sep 11, 2011.

1. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

So there is a post on macrumors that says that a new pages for iOS coming out to work with cloud. For people that already have pages will it come as a free update or will it be a new pages that we have to pay for again?

2. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

It will just be an update that you will install through the App Store just like any app.;)

3. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

Ok thanks just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be like they release a whole new app and take the older one off the app sotre or something.

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

No, they wouldn't release an entire new app. Like said, it will be an update so if you own it already - the update will be free.

5. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

Ok thanks

6. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

How much of an upgrade is this next version? Is it a major upgrade over the previous version? If yes, then I reckon they will make us pay. If not, then they may give it to us as a free update.

I hope you're right in that it will be free. All depends on how much of an upgrade it is I reckon.

7. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

It's supposed to integrate icloud

8. cshearer macrumors regular

I tend to be an NDA nazi, but basically, no, it doesn't have a huge amount of new features (so far). It basically just allows it to communicate with the iCloud servers.

9. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Even if it was a major upgrade, they still wouldn't make us pay.

10. saberahul macrumors 68040

No, they wouldn't make you pay for it. Apple has not done this in the past, does not plan to do so now, and doesn't need to do it as they have ample amount of money already. Additionally, it is a major upgrade for those who need it. Take me for example, I am one of those who will really utilize the document sync feature of iCloud; hence, the iOS update is a necessity.