Question about the new (updated) Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by desenso, Aug 8, 2007.

1. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

For anyone who has one of these, could you tell me if it says gigabit ethernet anywhere on the box? I recently bought the non-gigabit one and switched them out at my local store today (the Apple people there don't seem to be hardcore fans, don't tend to know subtle things like the silent gigabit ethernet upgrade)... anyways, someone claimed that it was "newly unboxed", and it did have a new model number, but I don't see gigabit anywhere on the box.

2. desenso thread starter macrumors 6502a

desenso

So I just checked by adding the current one to my cart on store.apple.com and it comes up with the same product number as mine, which is MB053LL/A in case anyone is curious.

I'll unbox it now and post if it turns out it's not gigabit, for whatever reason.

3. maclover007 macrumors member

yes it is. go 2 the page for it on apple and look at the pic it says gigabit ethernet!!!:apple:

4. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

The details over the ports are in the manual.....I know I know....but this time you'll have to read it! ;)

5. desenso thread starter macrumors 6502a

desenso

My goal was to determine this without cracking the seal on the box... I got bored of waiting, though :)

6. AngelGuy7 macrumors regular

Well it looks like you opened it up already so this news may not be new to you, but yes it should mentioned "Gigabit" on the box. I bought one of the older ones as well and managed to swap it (unopened) for the new one at the Apple Store.

7. Shoim32 macrumors newbie

On the bottom of the box, it states that the ports are gigabit ports. Just picked up mine earlier today.