Question about the next MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by L7D, Jun 22, 2011.

1. L7D macrumors newbie

I have a question about the next MBP
    i was using toshiba laptop for 2 years ... then i had a problem with it and no one knows how to fix it .. even toshiba company didn't know what was the problem !!! ... so they gave me a new toshiba laptop and i sold it immediately

now i want to buy MBP but i heard that they're going to release a new MBP with a new case at the beginning of the next year?

is it true or it's going to have the same silver case ?

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

As with any "Should I wait until Product ABC comes out?" situations, I always say don't wait unless you know 100% what you're waiting for. You may very well wind up kicking yourself when it doesn't have all the pizazz you wanted it to.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Check out MR's buyer's guide to see if its a good time or not

All anyone can do is estimate the next refresh. If you need one now, buy one now, if not wait.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

There is a rumor about a new case design, but as with all rumors, no one will know with certainty until Apple releases the product. As for buying right now or waiting, that is up to you. Do need a laptop right now? If yes, then buy, if not, perhaps wait for the new one.

A good place to start is the Buyer's Guide. Right now the MBP is in mid-cycle so you're only 50% of the way until a new release is expected.

5. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I waited for 2011 because of the supposed new design. Didn't happen.
    And you always have to remember the current Unibody design is pretty much perfected now. The new design could have issues for being a first gen re-design.

I'd say buy now.

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

It's nothing but a rumor. If you based every purchase on the rumor of the next thing to come, you'd never buy. If you need one now, but now, if you can wait, then by all means...

7. waynep macrumors 6502

If you need a new computer, buy it. If you can wait and have a functional computer than wait. Waiting foe the next cool feature is a never ending wait. I got my 2010 model MBP in Jan 2011. Why so close to the release of the 2011 models? I needed a new laptop. My old computer had hardware issues and I did not want to sink more money into it. I am happy with my MBP. No regrets.

8. L7D thread starter macrumors newbie

I've heard lots of rumors that it will also include a black case!

anyways i have a (backup) laptop at home but it's bad (ACER Pentium M)

i can use it until the new MBP released

but im afraid if there won't be any new changes about the case,, if there is not im going to kick my self

im thinking about taking 15-inchs 2.2 .. i dont want to waste my money if they're going to change the case

that's why im confused :confused: