Question about the power cable.........

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by titcharoony, Apr 13, 2011.

1. titcharoony macrumors newbie

I have purchased a Macbook pro 13inch - which appears to be faulty. Just eliminating any potential problems. Firstly, I want to check the power cable. Should the power cable end light up even if the laptop's logic board is fried? I would assume so, but if not I wont replace the power adapter/cable. I would think it would light up, just at least to show that power is at least going to battery, even if the battery wont charge (posibly a problem). I dont have a second macbook to try the power cable. When the laptop came to me, the lead was very tightly wrapped around the transformer - i know these can go..

2. sdneidich macrumors member

I am not sure, but if you take it into an apple store they will have lots of cables to try.

But the machine should have come with at least a partial charge. Is it not turning on at all out of the box? If so, it is DOA and you will get a replacement.

3. titcharoony thread starter macrumors newbie

omg im sorry i forgot to mention its second hand lol. dont worry i knew it was faulty, and paid next to nothing for it lol. The previous owner said theyd not tried anything to fix it or taken it to an apple store so just flogged it on ebay. possibly logic board failure imo, but might be power lead or adapter or battery...........