Question about the SGP ultra matte set...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bimmerchop, Aug 22, 2010.

1. bimmerchop macrumors regular

I've heard of people removing the carbon fiber, leather, etc. backings to set aside for future use and re-apply them later, but can the same be done for the ultra matte backing? Would I be able to re-use the film once removed?

2. waltercln macrumors regular

i highly doubt it, but i recommend using phantom skinz matte back. They come with 2 sets for much cheaper than sgp.

3. sm0 macrumors regular

+100

This is exactly what I clicked into this post, to post :)
    Love the Phantom Skinz and chose it over the SGP for cost, and so I can give my spare to the missus.

4. bimmerchop thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I already have the SGP set, so it's a little late for that :p . It also came as a set of 2. Included was the steinheil crystal clear screen protector, and film for the sides of the iphone as well.

However, I'm just wondering if it can ever be reused like some of the other SGP products once I remove it...

5. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

When you remove it you can try putting it back on the protective films they were originally packaged in. Not sure how well that would work out and there's always the issue of dust etc. I also read somewhere here that someone used saran wrap but not sure how effective that really is.

6. bimmerchop thread starter macrumors regular