Question About the Touch ( I know nothing)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TravelGuy003, Mar 29, 2008.

1. TravelGuy003 macrumors newbie

I don't know if this is a stupid question but here it goes...If I am traveling in other countries, can i use the wi-fi to look at my e-mail and that stuff? Let's say...Taiwan for example. Thanks.

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

as long as you have a source of wifi i dont' see any reason why that wouldn't work

3. TravelGuy003 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok cool. This is another stupid question...the ipod touch is all wifi right?? so I can't be in a place that doesn't have wifi to get on the internet. for example, i cant be on lets say a train looking at the internet? i just have to be at a place that has wifi like starbucks or my house. also, another question i have. can i install programs on it? i would love to install skype on it to stay in touch with my family. i dont know if that is possible at all or not? thanks a lot guys.

4. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

you need to have wifi to get on the internet. unlike the iphone which will work over cingulars highspeed internet, the touch needs a wifi source. when a new upgrade comes out for the touch and iphone, we may be able to see things that you may want to download onto your ipod. as of right now there really isn't a good way to

5. TravelGuy003 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok. it still sounds really nice though, and i would love to have that to browse the internet at places and listen to music. thanks a lot for helping me out. i just wish it wasnt so pricey.

6. OldMacGuy macrumors newbie

Ipod Touch question

I am interested it the Ipod Touch, but couldn't find any information on my questions

1. Can you listen to internet radio on the Touch.

2. Can you use the Touch to stream ITunes to an airport express (connected to a home theater sound system)

Thanks

7. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

No. Both are things people would like to have added, though.

8. buffalo macrumors 65816

:confused::confused:

I don't know from personal experience, but I have never heard EDGE and high speed internet used in the same sentence (;)).

9. flikaflik macrumors newbie

Just had to check out this thread, because I JUST got a touch & know nothing, too! The one thing I do know that there is a web app for internet radio. flytunes ... it's on the app page. (I feel like such a productive member now).