question about the Wii capabilities

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by mojohanna, Aug 23, 2008.

1. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Both my brother in law and I have Wii's. Is it possible for either of us to save a profile for a player on Tiger Woods 08 to an SD card, remove that card and take it to the others Wii so that we can play against each other using our own characters?

I have looked around for information on this and I have not seen anything on it. (Maybe I don't know where to look either).

Thanks

2. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

Have you physically tried it yet? or are you just asking if it's possible?

I could try if you don't have the ability, and let you know how it goes.

3. mojohanna thread starter macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

No, i haven't tried yet. It seems like it would be logical, but many times these things don't work out that way.

I can try it, but I just have a means of testing it. My bro in law is about 30 min away. We see each other often (kids are the same age) but still is not next door.

4. mojohanna thread starter macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Ok, I think this will work. I was able to copy the TWG profiles to the SD card. Now I just need to see if we can load them back to the Wii memory without overwriting the existing profiles.

If I get it to work, I will post back. However if someone can verify in the mean time, that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

5. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

if I get what you're saying, it's simple and very possible. All your game data is saved on the cards that the wii accepts. I don't rememeber if those are special or just SD cards. So any wii with that card in it and the right game, will have your saved data and it will be playable. So physically carrying the card with your game data over to his house will work just fine.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

If it copies to the SD card then it will work. Some games like Brawl and Kart don't let you swap saves around (likely so it doesn't get confused with online accounts).

7. mojohanna thread starter macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

the problem is that it does copy the data over, but it replaces what I have so I lose my saved information. Unless I am not seeing something, it does not see that I can load a character from the SD card. I must load the data from the SD card to the Wii system memory and move forward from there.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Copy both your saves to a computer first, because yes it will overwrite any current saves. Or if you have any spare SD cards, you could copy the original systems save file onto that and copy it back after the game.

9. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

This does not work in Tiger Woods '07, and I don't think it works in '08 either.

As far as I could tell you don't actually have individual save profiles, but rather you just have one file for the whole game.

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.