Question about Thunderbolt display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iphoneuserinyyz, Dec 16, 2011.

1. iphoneuserinyyz macrumors member

I am wondering whether the following is the normal/expected behaviour for the TBD when connected to my MBP:

1. When the MBP sleeps for a short period of time (I am not sure of the "cutoff", but it seems to be up to a couple of hours), I can wake up the TBD and MBP by pressing any key on the wired keyboard connected to the TBD

2. When the MBP sleeps overnight, the keyboard/mouse connected to the TBD do not wake up the MBP. In order to wake the computer, I have to open it from clamshell mode and log in with the MBP open (I can use the keyboard connected to the TBD to do this). Then I can close the MBP and after a few seconds of a blue colored screen, the TBD and MBP work fine.

Is this what others have observed or is there some problem with my TBD?

2. convergent macrumors 68020

convergent

I can wake up my MBA with the wireless keyboard or magic trackpad most of the time. Once in a while I've had to open the MBA to get it to respond, but not sure what prompted those few situations.

3. iphoneuserinyyz thread starter macrumors member

I just spoke to Apple technical support and they said that the behaviour I have noticed is not the expected behaviour. They have asked me to take the display into the store.