Question about time it takes to install an App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by trunksu, Jul 26, 2008.

1. trunksu macrumors 6502

Is it my phone or do apps take a VERY long time to install either via iTunes or via the App store on the phone.

2. mattrobs macrumors member

The phone does have limited processing power. Cut it some slack.

3. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

it's slow for sure

4. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I have found that the more applications you have on the phone the longer it takes to install. When I downloaded my first 10 apps it was a fast and painless process, but after that it would always get stuck on the install portion of the rest of the apps I downloaded... Now I have almost 40 apps, and it just takes longer and longer to install apps.

5. pianoplayer1 macrumors 6502

pianoplayer1

yea even updates take forever... and that progress bar is not that helpful at all.
    Maybe I need to cut down on the apps I don't actually use.

6. trunksu thread starter macrumors 6502

i'm fine if it's normal, just wanted to be sure it's not my phone.

7. trunksu thread starter macrumors 6502

8. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

What are you talking about? I've been installing apps on my iPod Touch since I bought it, and I have NEVER seen it take this long to install ANYTHING. And that was actually downloading the apps through Installer before installing - with the iPhone I'm downloading through iTunes, so that part of the equation is removed. There's no reason it should take five minutes to install a 1MB app. It's absolutely ridiculous.

9. DreamPod macrumors 65816

Remember these things are compressed and encrypted, the iPhone has to uncompress and decrypt them after being downloaded.