Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Didnt think it would be last question....When I went to that path you gave me, I see two identities there....one is DW and one is DW (Backed up 2014-03-1700.44.24).....dont I want to get rid of these two so that I can start fresh with the backup I am about to restore from?

Yes... those are the ones I wanted you to drag out to a new temp folder on the Desktop so you can out then back if this gets sideways. So when you start the resort that folder will be empty.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Yes... those are the ones I wanted you to drag out to a new temp folder on the Desktop so you can out then back if this gets sideways. So when you start the resort that folder will be empty.

Got it...thanks.. Just opened TM and it only shows backups back to the start of my new MBP (3/14/14)...how do I switch it to also show backups prior under a different folder?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Got it...thanks.. Just opened TM and it only shows backups back to the start of my new MBP (3/14/14)...how do I switch it to also show backups prior under a different folder?

Try option key clicking the TM menulet and select browse other disks then pick the old backup set. I assume here you did not erase the old backup when you got the new Mac.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Try option key clicking the TM menulet and select browse other disks then pick the old backup set. I assume here you did not erase the old backup when you got the new Mac.

They were not deleted...When I option-click I am able to select the old MBP but when TM opens up it will only let me go back to the first backup of my new retina MBP even though it shows the old ones in purple before it. Dont get it.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
They were not deleted...When I option-click I am able to select the old MBP but when TM opens up it will only let me go back to the first backup of my new retina MBP even though it shows the old ones in purple before it. Dont get it.

Try starting Finder and navigating to Macintosh HD, then open the TM interface and after that navigate to the folder you want in your users folder.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Try starting Finder and navigating to Macintosh HD, then open the TM interface and after that navigate to the folder you want in your users folder.

That did it...I was able to select the backup...it said it couldnt find the old folder I selected and asked if i wanted to put it in a new location...I chose the current location under MS User Data and off it went...40gb copying over now...assume it will prompt for that profile when i open outlook again.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Well, it rebuilt everything and then gave me two databases to select from....DW or DW backup from 3/13....

It's updating all of my exchange mail but none of my "On My Computer" mail is present.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Well, it rebuilt everything and then gave me two databases to select from....DW or DW backup from 3/13....

It's updating all of my exchange mail but none of my "On My Computer" mail is present.

I don't know what else to try. You sure these were in Outlook and not stored "On my Mac" in OS X Mail app?

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
I don't know what else to try. You sure these were in Outlook and not stored "On my Mac" in OS X Mail app?

Yep and it's still uploading/downloading email to the exchange server from all of my folders...even though I restored, I would think what's sitting on the exchange server would already be there....it's been syncing in some shape or fashion for a week today....plus, losing what appears to be all of my local email (75k or so). Really wish Mail.app handled invites better although I haven't tried it since Mavericks update....do you know of top of head if that was part of the change?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Really wish Mail.app handled invites better although I haven't tried it since Mavericks update....do you know of top of head if that was part of the change?

Sorry no... I did not notice anything talking about how invites are handled. Sorry this is not working out. I just don't get it. :confused:

You might try posting something over in the MS Support forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Sorry no... I did not notice anything talking about how invites are handled. Sorry this is not working out. I just don't get it. :confused:

You might try posting something over in the MS Support forums.

Thanks for all of your help...I am all squared away now but have duplicate emails in lots of my folders....any idea how to sort them to delete duplicates so I dont have to go one by one?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thanks for all of your help...I am all squared away now but have duplicate emails in lots of my folders....any idea how to sort them to delete duplicates so I dont have to go one by one?

Sorry, I am not familiar with any Outlook duplicate removal apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.