Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Hi all,

I was wondering hpw much of a discount will have have tomorrow on the MBA.
I can currently get around $100 from my employee discount. So I am wondering if I should buy the 8gb 128 ssd online using my employee discount or should I buy from apple store the 4 gb 128ssd.

Also, our apple store is re-opening after being closed for a couple of months after renovation, is there anything special that these retail stores offer for their re-opening day?

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
I looked at the employee discount from my employer and its for $1127 for the base MBA, so the amazon deal is really better compared to this.

But what is the main benefit of buying from apple vs amazon?

I am not sure if I can get employee and the $101 discount together will have to call them and find out.

yanksrock100

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2010
San Diego
Best Buy and Amazon have the same deal, $1025. No tax for Amazon, EXCEPT if you live in a select few states...including California. So For me, its the exact same price either way.

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
In my state there is no sales tax, so that is not a problem. I am just not sure if I should but the MBA from any other place other than apple store.

yanksrock100

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2010
San Diego
In my state there is no sales tax, so that is not a problem. I am just not sure if I should but the MBA from any other place other than apple store.

There really is no difference, except the price. I would not hesitate to buy the MBA from a retailer such as Best Buy, Amazon, ect.

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
So as far as return go is Amazon return the same as apple retail store 30 days?

I just don't know if buying from Apple although almost $175 more is much better than buying from amazon just because of the return option in the store.

Can anyone confirm if apple lets you stack discounts.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
So as far as return go is Amazon return the same as apple retail store 30 days?

I just don't know if buying from Apple although almost $175 more is much better than buying from amazon just because of the return option in the store.

Can anyone confirm if apple lets you stack discounts.

Cannot stack discounts with Apple - Amazon gives you returns until...Jan 31st - with holiday return window.

slumpey326

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Florida
Where does it say you can return laptops from amazon in late jan if purchased now, ie holiday return policy? Couldn't find it anywhere.

Do you get hit with any restocking fee

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
I ordered the MBA basic model, but now I am thinking will the 4 gb ram be enough? I just use the computer for email, word Internet. Netflix and video chats etc.

Are you guys finding 4gn ram enough for doing the above mentioned things.

AppleAlfred

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2012
Canada
I ordered the MBA basic model, but now I am thinking will the 4 gb ram be enough? I just use the computer for email, word Internet. Netflix and video chats etc.

Are you guys finding 4gn ram enough for doing the above mentioned things.

That will absolutely be enough (for now). Personally I do very similar things, but chose the 8 GB for an extra $90 because I figure on a $1100 dollar plus purchase if I can get another year or so out of it for a small upgrade, why not? Also, seeing as it's not feasible to upgrade later, the $90 bought me peace of mind. That's just me though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.