General question about Tor browser in iPad

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by leland.mac, Feb 1, 2014.

1. leland.mac macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I would like to use Tor on my iPad 4 iOS 7.0.4. I have jailbroken the device already and understand this to be a requirement. Basically I want all my iPad Internet traffic(twitter, safari and YouTube, Facebook ect) to be Anonymous. I do have covert browser installed and It works absolutely fine. Would like instead to route all my network activity through Tor though. This can be done easily in windows using 127.0.0.1 (local IP address) and tor browser port number set by Socks proxy in Proxifier.
    is there any app or tweak I can use so all the internet traffic is pushed through Covert browser( just like the same way the VPN can).

Thanks,

2. Chargr macrumors regular

Chargr

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Just search Cydia for Tor. There is a tweak out there. Don't know if it works for iOS 7 or not, but it does not seem to work on iOS 6.1 for me. I followed the directions but my real IP address is seen each time.

No idea if it will work for you or not.

----------

That's like saying we all jailbreak to pirate illegal software and tweaks!

Surely you're aware that it was the United States Navy that developed TOR! Right?

And that it's highly useful in many oppressive countries for dissidents and whistleblowers AND journalists who wish to remain alive.

Just because someone uses TOR does not make them a criminal, any more than jailbreaking makes us all thieves!

BTW, TOR is the one encryption method the NSA hasn't cracked yet.

4. leland.mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, let me say I've tried it already but no go. is there any app other than VPN-based apps that can be used to route all network data through themselves?

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I don't know. The tweak I found in Cydia is all I know about.