Question about Tracking Order for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SandersHokie, Jul 28, 2008.

1. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

It states on my order FRT (I guess means Freight) and Phone. I was told I'd get the iPhone in 10-21 days, so I'm not worried about that, but it says the Frieght is backordered (1) but the iPhone (0) is not? What does that mean? I'm just confused because I thought they'd only be shipping an iPhone. What does the freight mean?

thanks.

2. Wailord macrumors 6502

3. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Wailord macrumors 6502

I've discovered that the phone wavers on and off of backorder, but nothing ships until FRT hits 0.

5. raster macrumors regular

At the ATT store, mine was on, off, on, off tec. I finally cancelled it when all models came available at an Apple store 20 miles up the road. Then I got the one I wanted in an hour.
    If you have to rely on ATT, it could be 2 to 3 weeks.

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

What model did you order, by chance?

I ordered the white iPhone on Friday (7/25), it shipped yesterday (7/28).

BL.

7. raster macrumors regular

Well that is great!
    From ATT I ordered an 8gb, but after I cancelled, and went to the store, I decided on the white 16gb

8. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

This has been answered - please search beforehand.

FRT is indeed freight. It will stay on backorder (1) until the phone ships. When your phone jumps to 0, that means your particular model has arrived in the warehouse (phones ship out of Texas or Tennessee). That's why it constantly bounces between 1 and 0, which many members refer to as a "binary dance". It may or may not be indicative that your phone with your name on it will ship. Usually the longer is stays on 0, the better chance you have of having your phone ship.