Question about transferred apps from iPhone to iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Winterlily, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Winterlily macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I have an iPhone (3GS) with many apps. Just got an iPad 2 (love it!). I've gotten all the apps transferred from the iPhone to the iPad via iTunes. No problem at all. Thing is, very nearly all the games are playing in the center of the iPad screen and when I click the button to make them full screen, they look like anything enlarged does - horribly pixelated and blurry.

Part of the reason for getting an iPad was to play the games we love on a bigger screen. :-/ Is there any fix to this? Or are we stuck having to buy the iPad-only versions all over again even though we've already bought the games once (albeit not specifically for iPad). ?? Thanks!

2. lilkangster macrumors member

No way to fix this unless you bought an universal app all iphone apps will show up small on the ipad.

3. Winterlily thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I was afraid of. Okay - so I now have to re-buy the iPad version of those that are showing up small. I currently have the iCloud set up to automatically send any app that's downloaded on one device to the other device. How do I keep it from doing that with apps that are specific to that device? In other words, I have, for example, Angry Birds on the iPhone and it's showing up small on the iPad. So I need to delete it from the iPad and re-buy it for the iPad. How do I keep the iPad version from being sent to the iPhone (and vice versa)? It's going to get really confusing with 2 versions.

4. Winterlily thread starter macrumors newbie