iPad Question about transferring AppleCare+

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RealSkyDiver, Oct 17, 2013.

1. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

I'm selling it on ebay, but there are some questions I have about transferring AppleCare+ to the new owner.
    The website states "Attach the required agreement number, proof of purchase, and serial numbers, as indicated previously."

What's the agreement number? I also don't have the receipt since I bought it online and can't find the email with the order confirmation anymore, but it's under my name anyway so not sure what else is really needed as an alternative.
    Do I also need to provide them with the information of the new owner?

2. joshdammit macrumors 6502

AppleCare is registered to the device, not the owner (even though it's registered with the owner's information.) You can freely pass the device onto somebody else without any sort of change in paperwork. If they need to call AppleCare for assistance, they will ask the new owner their name, and if it doesn't match what's on record, they'll ask the new owner if they'd like to change the information.

If you have the agreement number, (but honestly, most people don't know that number because they don't ever need it for anything) you can always give that to the new owner, but you don't have to.

3. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Apple care on iPads is attached directly to the serial in their system so you generally don't have to bother with that stuff. I would run the serial in the 'check coverage' link on their website to be sure it shows apple care is there. Just to be safe. You could even screen shot it for anyone that wants proof