question about transferring songs between iTunes and iPhone/iPod

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by darkus, Feb 26, 2011.

1. darkus macrumors regular

Sorry for the stupid question:

So I have an iPod and have been buying all my music from iTunes store straight OTA to the iPod, and never actually use iTunes on the mac or plug my iPod into the computer.

Im planning on buying an iPhone 4 this weekend, and was wondering if I connect up my new iPhone to iTunes OTA will the phone know to redownload all my purchased songs onto the phone in some way shape or form? Or do I have to plug my iPod into my computer, get the songs off the iPod and then get them onto the iPhone manually?

Thanks!!

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The one on Bold

3. jgdemeris macrumors newbie

I do not usually make sarcastic posts, but wouldnt it have been easier and quicker to plug your phone in and sync it than creating this post and waiting for an answer?

4. darkus thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!

Sorry my post bothered you... I dont have the iPhone4 yet (going to buy it tommorow morning), so I just wanted to make sure about this before going through the hassle of transfering all the songs.

5. jgdemeris macrumors newbie

Where did I say your post bothered me?

Refer to my original reply.

6. jgdemeris macrumors newbie

One last thing...the greatest feature of the iPhone or iTouch, is the ease in which you can back up all information, songs, pictures, videos and such. It is so easy that you would have already been done by now and would not have to worry about any hassle you may have when you go get your new phone tomorrow.

You would simply buy your phone and go home. Plug phone in and whalla!! Just like you had it before.