Question about UIVisualEffectView/XIB files

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Eddy27, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Eddy27 macrumors newbie

So I was able to successfully load an xib file into my application. Only problem is that whenever it opens, I get an undesired blur effect in the background, UIVisualEffectView. How can I remove this? Also a question about xib files, I am not quite sure how to close them once they have been loaded. Can someone please provide a code sample that I can use? Ideally I'd like to create an IBAction and link it to a button that closes the view. Thanks everyone!

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

You're going to need to provide us much more specific information, including, probably, some code snippets. When you say you can "load an xib file into my application", what do you mean exactly? That you have added a XIB to your project? Or that when your app runs you're able to present this new view? Are you using a view controller? If so, what kind? It sounds to me that you are somewhat unclear on the fundamentals of view programming. What resources are you using to educate yourself on the basic concepts? Please be as specific as possible.

TL;DR: more details, please!