Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Awc8587

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
So I currently have AT&T as my carrier. I ordered a T-mobile 16GB Gold iphone 5S but misread the no contract part to be unlocked for some reason. I was just wondering if I could unlock it when I get the phone to use for AT&T as canceling and reordering would extend the process.

KaijuRed

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2013
So I currently have AT&T as my carrier. I ordered a T-mobile 16GB Gold iphone 5S but misread the no contract part to be unlocked for some reason. I was just wondering if I could unlock it when I get the phone to use for AT&T as canceling and reordering would extend the process.

did you buy the T-mobile 5S in full? It's already unlocked.

Awc8587

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
I bought the 16gb for 649.99+tax. The site claims it is a no contract phone. Would it be full price and unlocked?

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
if you have the phone from Apple.com or its stores at full price, it is UNLOCKED and CONTRACT-FREE..

if you buy it from an AT&T store at full price, it is LOCKED but is CONTRACT-FREE

FlyUnlock.com

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2013
Why would I PM you my IMEI? A user with the name "flyunlock.com" asking for my IMEI?

Nope. Not shady at all.

Gosh. You do not have to. Flyunlock.com means that I can get the right info from the Apples database for you. For free of course ...

Sorry for trying to help you. Do not create a thread next time, I really thought you want us to help you.

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC

It depends where you bought it. If from Apple online, yes, then it is unlocked. If you purchased it from a carrier or other retailer full price it is not unlocked.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Where did you buy it from?

If you bought it from Apple then it's unlocked.

If you bought it from Tmobile then you will need to request an unlock from them.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I bought the 16gb for 649.99+tax. The site claims it is a no contract phone. Would it be full price and unlocked?

Was it the Apple site? If so, it's unlocked. No need to do anything but put in your SIM card and turn it on.

DarkSel

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2012
Can confirm it's unlocked.

Using my T-Mobile 32 GB Silver 5S with AT&T right out of the box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.