question about unlocking iphone 3g version 2.2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sagarrana55, Dec 10, 2008.

1. sagarrana55 macrumors member

i want to know that if i buy new iphone 3g with version 2.2 will i be able to unlock it by gevey turbo sim... can anyone give me link from good seller and cheap... pls help

2. sagarrana55 thread starter macrumors member

and if i Jailbreak 2.2 after unlocking( by gevey turbo sim) and using T-mobile sim card will it lock my iphone??

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If it comes with 2.2 you are out of luck when it comes to a gevey unlock, actually an unlock in general. All of the exploits that the gevey uses, or that the dev team is using for their soft unlock has been patched up. So basically you are out of unlocking your phone, period. The dev team says that if they get around to working on the 2.2 baseband it won't be for a long while.

4. sagarrana55 thread starter macrumors member

but i saw some om ebay and also watch some video o youtube> did they updated from 2.1.. for me 2.2 will come with iphone... will i be able to use that gevey turbo sim to unlock it??

5. sagarrana55 thread starter macrumors member

6. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

7. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Unlocks Bad....

People are always complaining that windows sucks, but they are the ones hacking into it and making changes. People say MacOS is great, but Apple has it pretty well controlled.

If you go to ATT and buy an iPhone and follow the EUA, the iPhone will work wonderfully. If you go to ATT and buy and iPhone and hack into it put it on T-mobile, don't come crying here when it becomes a $300 paperweight.

8. sagarrana55 thread starter macrumors member

so i can't unlock it with gevey turbo sim?????

9. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

How many 'no' answers are you looking for before you believe it? :confused:

10. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

unless he updated to 2.2 through pwnage tool without updating the baseband to the new version. My iphone is on 2.2 and i am still using the gevey sim cards because i didn't update the baseband. :D

11. henry.oswald macrumors member

woo woo woo come back from negative town.

We are getting alot of reports from different places that people have already unlocked new baseband with sim hacks, i.e. rebel/turbo sims. I'm expecting a new one tomorrow from ebay which i feel positive about.

12. sagarrana55 thread starter macrumors member

u r right man.. i just asked ebay turbo or rebel sim seller and he told me that it works with 2.2.. that card can unlock it... no matter if version 2.2 is updated or born with iphone..

13. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

please post back here when you get it and tell us if it works or not. I'm interested to see if it is a scam ;)