Question about Up-To-Date version vs. $29 version.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dunlapface, Aug 29, 2009.

1. dunlapface macrumors newbie

Well, I ordered Snow Leopard from Amazon for like $25 and then I found out that I qualified for an "Up-To-Date" version of the Snow Leopard that is like $9.95. Is there a difference between the two versions or are they the same thing. Because if they are the same thing I am just going to return the one that I got from Amazon.com

Please let me know as I want to get this settled ASAP.

Thanks!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

4. amoda macrumors 6502a

Like they said, the DVDs are the same (except the UTD disk is stamped with the word "Upgrade") but you also will miss out on the fancy packaging.

We, those of us who ordered the UTD disks, receive the DVD in a thin sleeve. Not a big deal but some people care about that sorta thing so I thought you should know.

5. dunlapface thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot guys for the quick responses. I don't really care about the packaging, because I would keep it in a sleeve anyways and throw out the box as soon as I opened it.

Thanks guys! Can't wait for the upgrade.

6. CoolJoe57 macrumors newbie

CoolJoe57

hey thanks for the info, didn't know the box was different. Whatever though, it's 10 bucks, I don't think anyone one can complain about anything. We got an operating system for the same price of a major iPod touch update!