Question about upgrading from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5. First time upgrading.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BluePhoenixRa, Sep 21, 2012.

1. BluePhoenixRa macrumors regular

Hello there!
    So, I've only been living in the US for like 2.5years now..and I am upgrading phones for the first time later today! Yay ~

As a first timer, I have a question..
    Can they both be active at once? (I am gonna go ahead and say no, cause logically that's what it should be like. But hey, I don't know either way!)

Or do I have to turn one off/put on airplane mode, and run the other one. Which would mean..when I want to activate my iPhone 5, I need to put my iPhone 4 on airplane mode THEN turn on my iPhone 5 for the first time and set it up.

Thank you so much! =)

2. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

Hi BluePhoenix!

What will happen is that, if you are on verzion, you will call a number I think *89 on the new phone. After that, the iphone 4 will basically become a paperweight, that plays music, and apps, and can connect to wifi. Then the new Phone will be in service, its easy and takes only a few mins! Or you can open a second line for I think an extra $30 a month and use both phones (But who would do that? lol)

As for ATT, and Sprint I can't comment since I dont use them

3. BluePhoenixRa thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome! Thank you so much! =D

I basically just turned my iPhone 4 on Air plane mode and turned the other one on, and boom it worked! =D

Now using the iPhone 5 without any problems ~ Yay =D