Question about upgrading Time Capsule disk

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by skorpien, Feb 10, 2009.

1. skorpien macrumors 68020

A quick question for the modders out there. When upgrading the hard disk in the Time Capsule, what adhesive is the best to use on the plastic part that covers the heat sensor on the HDD? According to the teardown, you need to detach the heat sensor before swapping the drive, yet it does not provide what kind of glue you'd need to apply it to the new drive. If anybody out there knows, that would be greatly appreciated as I've tried searching everywhere without an answer.

Thanks in advance.

skorpien

2. skorpien thread starter macrumors 68020

I hate to bump this thread, but I'm getting nowhere fast and would just like at least a lead... I don't want to use a glue that'll corrode the plastic or damage the sensor, hard drive or Time Capsule... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. yaroldb macrumors 6502

I've never opened my Time Capsule but maybe this may help. I had the same type of heat sensor on my iMac. All I did was pull it off, it was sticky enough to just attach it to the new Hard drive. It worked and has worked since. Hope that helps.

4. skorpien thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks for the reply yaroldb. I'm hoping that it will work the same way with the Time Capsule. It's just that the TC generates a lot of heat and I don't want to take the risk of having the sensor detach or otherwise fail. I'll give this a shot if I don't find any other information.