Question about upgrading to 3.0 Official release.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by povsicf, Jun 11, 2009.

1. povsicf macrumors member

Ok so here is my situation, when 3.0 was leaked on beta I had my UDID account added to a developers account and then got to the point where I couldn't install 3.0 beta 4 cause of an error I was getting. So I downgraded back to 2.2.1, and then proceeded to jailbreak. I am running 2.2.1 jailbroken and my question is when I upgrade to the official release will i have to restore back to a regular version of 2.2.1 before I upgrade? Or will I just be able to upgrade while being Jailbroken on 2.2.1? Will the fact that I installed 3.0 beta and then downgraded cause a problem for me being that I am on the 3.0 baseband using 2.2.1? Will I most likely be ok? Just curious, don't know if anyone has run into that issue since I know that their are leaks of the official firmware already out, and was wondering if anyone upgrading to that release that previously downgraded back down to 2.2.1 was having any problems. Thanks in advance for all your help.

2. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

When you upgrade to 3.0, it will remove the jailbreak and update the phone's baseband and everything else that it needs to update. You should not have any problems during or after the upgrade process.