Question About Upgrading To New iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by byteoftheapple, Aug 22, 2012.

1. byteoftheapple macrumors newbie

So I have an iPhone 4S on Sprint that I got last year. I still have a year on my contract. If I sell my current phone for the new iPhone, will my contract be renewed for another two years, or will I be able to upgrade next year like normal. Also, which price to I play for the new iPhone? Early upgrade, full price? I'm not too sure...

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

If you buy the phone for full price, your contract will not change. If you use an early upgrade it will start fresh again.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The reason phones are subsidized is because the carrier makes the money back on the contract. You can't get the subsidized price without renewing your contract.

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

First off, the NEW prices have not been released. One could assume they would be similar to the past, but nobody knows yet.

As to your contract, you need to check with Sprint to be sure, but I am guessing you will have to pay a fee of some type. I assume you made a deal with Sprint to keep that phone for two years and the service that comes with it. They are not about to give you another deal to get another new phone at a cheap price, even with a 2 year extension. Get it when released, pay either an ETF or full price - maybe.