Question about upgrading

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Theraker007, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Theraker007 macrumors regular

I am going to sell my iphone 4 and get the 4s. Question though, if there is a lag between the day I sell my phone and I'm able to get my hands on the 4s ( I assume preordering on apple.com means I won't be getting the iphone for several weeks, and I can't wait in line and miss work on the 14th), do I keep my own sim card before sending my phone out?

If I order online, my 4 will work until I activate my 4s too right?

thanks

2. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

Always keep your SIM card. That's yours, not whoever you sell the phone to.

Your iPhone 4 will get service until you take your SIM card out of it or activate the new phone.

3. Theraker007 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks. Also, do you guys think preordering immediately on dec 7th online will get me a phone faster than checking in with apple every day after i get out of work at 5?

4. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

Man they're selling like hot cakes on eBay right now. Had mine listed at 3 PM PST and it just sold for $325.

I'll be removing the sim card and it'll be sent out on Friday (I put 5 days handling) or Monday.

Excited for my iP4S but not too excited. More of the fact that I'm getting a new phone after 16 months.

5. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

For the past two releases, some customers who pre-ordered when the floodgates opened had their phones delivered the day before the official launch.

Given that there's always some backorder, I wouldn't wait.

6. Theraker007 thread starter macrumors regular

Im mainly just afraid to preordering and then being told my shipment is being delayed for 3 weeks and then im stuck without a phone at all

7. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

I actually sold my 16GB iPhone 4 on eBay for $435 last Sunday. I purposefully chose the Sunday before the announcement. So you can be sure that I'm going to pre-order as soon as possible.

As I have done in the past, make sure everything on your account is current, the person doing the ordering is the primary account holder/you have their SSN, and you have all account and credit card information ready before the systems start to burst.