Question about upgrading.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vilim12, Mar 27, 2009.

1. vilim12 macrumors regular

When the time comes I plan on upgrading my 3G to the new model whatever it is. I signed my contract last november so im confused about the process, to my understanding the current iphone can only be bought with a contract, what if the next is the same way? What did all the people who had the 2G do to get the 3G? Will my contract just extend to another 2 years?

2. dave006 macrumors 68020

Contracts are not extended, if and when the new iPhone X comes out you may be able to upgrade for a reduced price "early upgrade pricing" (subsidy) but it will not be the lowest available price that new lines of service and upgrade eligible customers will receive. You will start a new 2-year service commitment so you will not be getting the full discount (subsidy).

It will be intersting this time around since some individuals may pay the reduced ETF fee to terminate their current contract. As of May 25, 2008 the ETF is reduced by $5 per month after the first 30 days.

Dave

3. aok1975 macrumors 6502

I believe when you terminate your contract and design to sign up again immediately you will not be treated as a new customer. I tried this with sprint and t-mobile to get a good deal on a new phone. They both said my account information is kept for 6 months.