Question about usage numbers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StingerT125, Aug 1, 2008.

1. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I have been charging my phone at night and then unplugging it when it is fully charged and putting it on stand by, and then not checking it until the following morning when I would get to work.

On the first day I had this:
    8 Hrs 44 Min Usage
    10 Hrs 24 Min Standby

On the next day:
    9 Hrs 12 Min Usage
    10 Hrs 48 Min Standby

The next night the phone froze and I had to reset it, the numbers in the morning were:
    22 min Usage
    9 Hr 38 Min Standby

The last day is more what I would expect to see, and the reset must have cleared something, but what do you think may have been stuck causing the crazy usage numbers the previous days when the phone was in standby?

I had 3G off as there is no coverage in my area, Wifi off during that time, location services off, and push on.

2. apockalipse macrumors member

ipod music running with volume turned down? Ipod music counts towards usage and can run in the background while using other apps. Just a guess.

3. StingerT125 thread starter macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Thanks - I did check that the iPod wasn't running.

I am stumped as to what was causing the usage to be so high even though I didn't use the phone at all during that time.

4. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

same issue here. Not sure what is causing the high usage numbers

5. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

It's probably one of your apps, some can run in the background as long as you don't open another. To be safe hold the home button to force quite apps after you've finished with them.

6. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu