Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MeMe&Me

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2019
In this digital age I appreciate having things like LastPass. I pay the subscription and have family plan to share critical login information with my wife and son. If anything were to happen to me they'd have full access to medical, financial, insurance and life insurance information. Gives me peace of mind. The cross platform capability of these password managers is fantastic. I've got an Android phone and an iPad along with a MacBook and windows machine so having a one app fits all manager is great.
Wish it were so. Though I purchased the Family subscription for Last Pass (for the same reasons as TheGenerous), I cannot share folders, only individual sites - one by one. Have emailed & emailed LastPass, but no joy.

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2018
Around
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to know what do you guys think about using APPS like 1Password when Apple itself in iOS 12 offers Password Management and remembering feature. So does it leave any need for having an APP like 1Password for your password management ?
iCloud keychain is 100% useless on Windows, Linux, and Android.
1Password does a lot more than just passwords as well. I have my vehicle info in it. Network settings (not just the password), Reward Programs, Software Licenses, a spot for security questions (for account recovery) TOTP (2 step authentication) and more. I have a vault I share with my family, and vault for my wife and I for bills.

iCloud can't come close to this, and iCloud failed me twice and I lost everything.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ZebraDude
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.