Question about using iPhone's stock Mail

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by TH55, May 12, 2014.

1. TH55, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014

TH55 macrumors 68030

Ever since switching from Hotmail to Gmail, when replying to a mail now in iPhone's stock Mail app the text does not drop down to the next line nearly as early, now it continues on the same line well outside of the width of the screen. At first I would manually do it by hitting return once it got to the edge of the screen but after sending myself a test mail without hitting return to get to the next line I realized it still sends the same. It still bothers me though bc now when I'm replying I can't see the entire body at once, I have to manually drag the cursor. Any idea why it's doing this?

Side note - I did not post this in my Gmail thread bc that was exclusively about Gmail's desktop interface, hence why I posted it in the Apple, Internet and Industry subforum which this post does not belong in. This is an issue entirely related to the iPhone's stock mail app.

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

mine used to do this exact thing and it was annoying. I haven't checked since but on my iP4 (my iP5 is getting the sleep/wake button replaced), it drops down to the next line on it's now. not sure what's different but I don't have it setup through exchange, just gmail?

3. marddin macrumors 6502

I think it has to do if the email started in HTML instead of rich or something along those lines. It's spotty for me. Sometimes it doesn't drop down, sometimes it drops down immediately once it reaches the end of the screen. It has to do with the previous email you are replying because it shouldn't do it when beginning a new message.

----------

Oh you said it occurs when composing a new email? Weird, not sure about that one. I have an exchange account and Yahoo. They both drop down to the next line when it reaches the end of the screen.

4. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

My mistake it is only when replying.