Question about using the bootcamp

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by usl57, Jul 17, 2008.

1. usl57 macrumors newbie

I have recently switched from PC to Macbook. Im not very familiar with the Mac features but i've managed to figure out everything through online except for one. Before i purchased the Macbook at the Apple store, the guy told me that i can run Window on the Macbook but he told me that i would have to turn off the macbook and restart with the Window. How do i do this?
    I've been trying to use the Window but i still can't find the way to do it.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Applications, Utilities, Boot Camp Utility. Make your partition. When that's done, put in a Windows install disk and restart.

3. chscag macrumors 65816

Your question is not very clear so I guess I need to ask... Have you installed Windows yet on your MacBook? Your MacBook does not come with Windows pre-installed. You must purchase or already have a full install copy of at least XP SP2, or a full install copy of Vista. Upgrades do not work.

If you have already successfully installed Windows, please forgive the above question. To start Windows from your MacBook you can do it one of several ways:

When in OS X, from System Preferences, click on the "Startup Disk" icon listed in the System panel. Select Windows and reboot. You can boot back to OS X from Windows by selecting Boot Camp from Control Panel and designate OS X to restart.

Also, you can reboot your MacBook while holding down the "Option" key and select the Windows drive icon (move the arrow underneath) and press enter. Once in Windows you can likewise reboot out of Windows and follow the same procedure to get back into OS X.

Regards.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yes, they do. Other than that, you're spot on.