Question About VGA Splitter --

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Afro1989, May 18, 2006.

  1. Afro1989 macrumors 6502a

    Dec 16, 2005
    I was wondering what I would need to hook up two VGA components (PS3 and Xbox 360) to my 19" computer monitor if it only has one VGA port. Would I need a VGA splitter? Can anyone point me in the right direction with a link of some sort? Also, would I lose picture quality by doing this? Thanks.
  2. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a


    Mar 28, 2006
    if I understand you, you need a vga switch or a kvm.
  3. Afro1989 thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Dec 16, 2005
    If I purchase one of these switches will I lose any picture quality at all? Thanks.
  4. matticus008 macrumors 68040


    Jan 16, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    No, not unless your cables are too long or if you use a cheap switch. Your monitor only has one input that you can use?
  5. Afro1989 thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Dec 16, 2005
    It has both DVI and VGA inputs but I have my Mac mini hooked up digitally and my 360 hooked up with the VGA cable. The PS3 will most likely release with a VGA cable so this is why I was asking the question.

Share This Page