Question about videos on the iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by berrytarts, Sep 7, 2010.

1. berrytarts macrumors member

Hey people @ Macrumours!:)

I recently bought an iPhone 4 16gb. So, I was wondering whether it would slow down if I loaded around 10gb worth of videos into it? I have lots of videos so, well I was wondering if the performance would be affected if the memory is this full. I currently have 10.6 gb left in my iPhone due to apps and songs etc.

Another question: Will videos in 960x640 resolution(full resolution of iPhone) look as crisp as the 1080p ones? Considering how they have a smaller data usage, I was wondering if I would still be able to see some of the subtitles which are smaller than average.

Thanks everyone!

-Lawrence

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Hi.

I keep mine almost completely full and there are no performance issues do to that.

I rip movies to the native resolution and I believe they look just as good. I keep the bitrate high. :)

3. berrytarts thread starter macrumors member

I see.

Then I shall go ahead and convert my videos then. Thanks for the help! :D

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Memory and storage space are separate on the iPhone just like any other computer. The 16GB are more like a hard drive or USB stick, and there's a separate space for actual RAM (about 512MB worth).

5. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

if you dont mind me asking, what program are you going to use to convert them? i plan on converting all my One piece movies onto my iphone 4 but not sure what program to use. was thinking handbrake