Question about VZW 4G LTE

Discussion in 'iPad' started by reebzor, Mar 7, 2012.

1. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

Not sure if anyone will be able to definitively answer this yet but this will probably be the deciding factor whether I buy a new iPad or a refurbished one:

My job provides me with a USB 4G LTE adapter (VZW Pantech UML290). Who thinks I will be able to pop the (full size) SIM card out of this and stick it in a new iPad and have the LTE work, without activating or anything?

None of the other features WOW me enough to drop the cash for a new one, but if I can get 4G on it, I would like to utilize that.

2. sbddude macrumors 6502a

why not get a 4g hotspot, put your SIM in that, and use a WiFi ipad?

3. reebzor thread starter macrumors 6502a

reebzor

I also wasnt sure if that would work. I don't need to activate, I can just buy it and put the sim in?

That sounds like a better solution anyway because I never use the USB dongle, its just too annoying.

4. PPFee macrumors 6502

PPFee

Yes that is correct, you can swap the 4g LTE sim between different devices, even if for some reason it doesn't auto recognize and worst case you have to call in to "activate" its not really activating though, it won't actually make any changes, and they'll allow you to do it whether the account is in your name or not.

5. iCrosoft macrumors regular

iCrosoft

I believe the iPads only accept micro sim cards.