Question about waiting in line for new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by guch20, Oct 5, 2011.

1. guch20 macrumors 6502

guch20

I have a question for those who have preordered an iPhone from an AT&T store in the past:

Have you had to wait in a line to pick it up the first day? How long was the line? When did you have to start lining up to ensure you got your iPhone on the first day?

I'm asking because I pre-ordered at my local Sprint store (they're doing early pre-orders). I've seen coverage of the insane lines at Apple Stores when a new iPhone or iPad drops, but never a word about what it's like at a phone retailer.

I would ask Verizon customers, but I remember reading that the Verizon response was rather muted since the iPhone 4 had already been available for quite a few months before release on Verizon.

Any insight anyone can give will be much appreciated.

2. guch20 thread starter macrumors 6502

guch20

3. Dubthedankest macrumors regular

I got my iPhone 3G from an AT&T store on launch day. I think I got in line at about 5AM for an 8AM open and was like 30 people back in line. The line was quite long by the time the doors opened at 8AM. But I got in out and within a half hour or so from my position. I've went to Apple stores on launch day since then and the lines have been much much longer there, but its more fun at the Apple Store. I arrive at 5AM or so either way.

By the way I agree with your line of thought on the next iPhone being an "iPhone 6" not 5. iPhone 5 doesn't make any sense.

4. guch20 thread starter macrumors 6502

guch20

Thank you! May I ask one more question? Was you AT&T store in a major city?