Question about warranty and screen issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Luz Rodríguez, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Luz Rodríguez macrumors newbie

I just recently noticed that the screen of my iPhone 6 is somehow slightly detached from the metal casing in both the inferior corners by the headphone jack and the speaker, as in slightly popped out. It's not very noticeable, but if you look closely, it's there and it's accumulating dirt.
    So, anyway, I didn't buy AppleCare but I'm still within one year warranty. Does warranty cover this? What would the process be? Go to the Apple Store I bought it at and go to the genius bar? Do they have to keep it for a while to fix it or do they give a new one?
    Thank you!

2. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Well, it depends if it's physical damage, or a manufacture defect.

3. IamDave macrumors regular

IamDave

I have just discovered a similar issue but on the top left hand corner on my 6 plus. It clicks when you press on the edges and you can see the screen moving slightly.

I got asked about if I had dropped it or if it could be accidental damage (which it isn't as far as I'm aware) and they arranged to post me a box so I can send them the phone back. The chap on the phone says it will likely be under warranty providing nothing suggests its accidental.

Best bet would indeed be to go to the apple store then they might replace yours there and then depending on what they think or they may need to keep it for a bit.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple