Question about warranty/AppleCare

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pb1300, Jan 26, 2010.

1. pb1300 macrumors 6502a

I live in Greece, and while I am waiting for my i5 to come, I decided to purchase the AppleCare for it through my company. I live in Aigio, which is about 1.5 hours from Athens, which is where the service center is for Apple. So thats not a problem. I also purchased my MB from the US mid-2009, so it still has a little left on its warranty. I am curious if someone knows if I could purchase the AppleCare for the MB, and send it to the service center here in Greece, even though it was purchased in the states. The company I purchased it from in the States offered me an extra years warranty since they took over a month to ship my MB, but it would be over 100 euros to ship it back to the States, and it would probably take months before I saw it again. Thoughts/opinions?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

Worldwide coverage, mate.

Habitus :apple:

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

If it's another 100euros to ship it for the "free" extra warranty from the company in the states, you're really better off getting AC and having it serviced in Greece.

5. pb1300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That is what I am going to end up doing. I just received the AC for the iMac I havent received yet. I will order the AC for my MB in a month or so. Its 180 euros here in Greece, so I am wondering if its better off if I get it from the States.

6. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

180 euros is about $250. The challenge is going to be to find a reputable US company who will sell it to you (shipped - you'll need the box as proof of purchase) for less than $250 (to make it worth your while).