Question about warranty

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jmouse, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Jmouse macrumors 6502

Hi folks,
    When apple is picking up your faulty devic, do you need to have it packed up in a box or are they going to have a box for you when the courier shows up?

Thanks

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    The above is from the Apple Care plan. Not sure it applies to your situation.

Why not call Apple or ask at their website?

3. lag1090 macrumors 6502

Depending on the item, Apple will send a box for you to pack the device in. For example, they would send a box complete with packaging material for MacBook Pros in the past. You would pack the item in the box, and schedule a time with the courier for a pickup.

What sort of item are you trying to get serviced?

4. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Since this is the iPad forum I would have to guess it's an ........ IPAD! But that's only a guess because one never knows around here. ;)

5. lag1090 macrumors 6502

People occasionally miscategorize posts. Since the product wasn't specifically mentioned in the OP, I figured it was worth confirming.

6. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

They told me to take it to ups and ups would pack it. That's what I did, took it right over with a confirmation number and ups knew what to do. I didn't pack anything.

7. Q-Dog macrumors 6502

Q-Dog

Have you asked Apple what you need to do. I find they are VERY helpful with these sorts of questions.