Question about warranty

Jmouse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Hi folks,
When apple is picking up your faulty devic, do you need to have it packed up in a box or are they going to have a box for you when the courier shows up?

Thanks

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
(iii) Direct mail-in or express courier repair service is available for most Covered Equipment. Upon receipt of packaging and prepaid bills from Apple at the Covered Equipment’s location, you will ship the Covered Equipment in accordance with Apple’s instructions to an Apple repair service location for repair or replacement. Once service has been performed, Apple will return the Covered Equipment to your location by carrier.
The above is from the Apple Care plan. Not sure it applies to your situation.

Why not call Apple or ask at their website?

Comment

lag1090

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2007
NJ
Depending on the item, Apple will send a box for you to pack the device in. For example, they would send a box complete with packaging material for MacBook Pros in the past. You would pack the item in the box, and schedule a time with the courier for a pickup.

What sort of item are you trying to get serviced?

Comment

TB07-NJ

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
Depending on the item, Apple will send a box for you to pack the device in. For example, they would send a box complete with packaging material for MacBook Pros in the past. You would pack the item in the box, and schedule a time with the courier for a pickup.

What sort of item are you trying to get serviced?
Since this is the iPad forum I would have to guess it's an ........ IPAD! But that's only a guess because one never knows around here. ;)

Comment

lag1090

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2007
NJ
Since this is the iPad forum I would have to guess it's an ........ IPAD! But that's only a guess because one never knows around here. ;)
People occasionally miscategorize posts. Since the product wasn't specifically mentioned in the OP, I figured it was worth confirming.

Comment

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
They told me to take it to ups and ups would pack it. That's what I did, took it right over with a confirmation number and ups knew what to do. I didn't pack anything.

Comment

Q-Dog

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2007
Hi folks,
When apple is picking up your faulty devic, do you need to have it packed up in a box or are they going to have a box for you when the courier shows up?

Thanks
Have you asked Apple what you need to do. I find they are VERY helpful with these sorts of questions.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.