Question about Watch AppleCare.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Network33, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Network33 macrumors member

Network33

My 1st Gen Series 0 42mm Sport watch that I've had since the launch on April 24th 2015. I've worn it everyday since then. It's battery doesn't make it through the day, I'm hitting the 10% warning at about 8pm-9pm after putting the watch on at 9-10am roughly +/- 12 hours. I usually do 1 30-60 bicycle ride with the watch each day. I haven't changed how I use the watch, and I really don't use any third party apps.

My basic question is: Does a drop in battery life qualify for a AppleCare replacement? My AppleCare expires on 4/23/2017. I paid for the extended warranty, I want to use it or lose it.

Thanks in advance, any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I Can't speak for AppleCare regarding the watch battery, perhaps another forum member can attribute to that. However, have you attempted to do a battery diagnostic with Apple? You can do so over the phone or in an Apple store for free. And they will determine if your battery is healthy or need of replacement.

3. Network33 thread starter macrumors member

Network33

Thanks, I'll give Apple a call tomorrow and see how that goes. I'm looking for anyone who had experience getting there battery replaced under AppleCare.

4. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

5. beaver82 macrumors member

what did they say?

6. MrMister111 macrumors 68020

Can I ask what happened please? My series 0 with AppleCare is coming to its end next month, and I feel like my battery, no great surprise, is getting worse. Am I eligible to ask Apple to replace it?

I can't get took a store so what happens with the send in option? Will they change the battery or give me a refurb as mine is still in excellent condition

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Call AppleCare. They will run a remote diagnostic on your watch. If the watch battery is under 80% health, they will replace it for free.