Question about watch bands

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by DevinNj, Oct 9, 2017.

1. DevinNj macrumors 6502a

I know this isn’t the accessories category, but can anybody recommend a good but cheap watch band for an extra large size wrist? I checked on Amazon and some of the biggest ones go up to about an 8 to 8 1/2 inch wrist, and I’m a 9 inch. The only reason I say cheap is because I’m not sure if I’m going to keep the watch or not. Just wondering what anybody else with a big wrist uses. Thanks everybody.

2. Achilles75 macrumors member

3. DevinNj, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017

DevinNj thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, the Apple sport band fits tightly on the last hole so it’s a little too uncomfortable. I picked it up used and it came with a generic Nike looking band that’s about the same. I can’t seem to find anything cheap until I decide if I’m keeping the watch or not.

I was actually going to order that Milanese loop band you linked. I may try it.

4. Achilles75 macrumors member

Just to clarify, I mean the Apple sport loop fits me - the new band they are shipping with AW3 - not the original sport band. The original sport band won’t fit me either. But the new loop (with Velcro closures) fits with room to spare. Apple does make an XL version of their old sport band, but it’s only available in black and white.

The cheap Milanese loop actually looks good and fits with plenty of room to spare. It should fit you fine. Who knows how long it will hold up, but for $12, I figured it was worth a shot.

5. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

You know where you may want to look? The accessories forum you mentioned.

6. DevinNj thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did a quick scan and didn’t really find much there. I’ll probably order the Milanese loop band, I was thinking about that one anyway. Thanks again